Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New business opportunity

A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that
look like prayer mats.

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:14:55 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that
look like prayer mats.

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Well done!!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that Karl Townsend fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:14:55 -0500:

A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that
look like prayer mats.

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

So you might say,.... business is booming.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 23, 11:14*am, Karl Townsend
wrote:

It's doing well. *He says Prophets are going through the roof.

Truly Excellent! - yoiu got no choice but to laugh out loud.

Went to Hungry Jacks the other night for a hamburger, and while I was
there two Muslim women wearing the full outfit Burka gear came in -
they were beautiful, silk, incredibly fine work.....

I guess its true what they say then - "The Burkas are better at
Hungry Jacks"

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

Truly Excellent! - yoiu got no choice but to laugh out loud.

Went to Hungry Jacks the other night for a hamburger, and while I was
there two Muslim women wearing the full outfit Burka gear came in -
they were beautiful, silk, incredibly fine work.....

I guess its true what they say then - "The Burkas are better at
Hungry Jacks"

Andrew VK3BFA.

Oh Groan!

An-drew!

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:55:56 -0500, cavelamb

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:47:42 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:06:47 GMT, (dan) wrote:

What's that Lassie? You say that Karl Townsend fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:14:55 -0500:

A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that
look like prayer mats.

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.
So you might say,.... business is booming.
Explosive growth is anticipated, particularly for the premium
Imambom model.

Nice to see you showing the kind of "respect" for religion that you
like to criticize others for demonstrating. Gosh, what a mystery that
people say you're insincere, eh? What a fu*kin phony.

Wayne

Wayne,

Do you remember hearing how people reacted to the attack on
Pearl Harbor?

Regardless of how anyone tries to spin it, the 9-11 attacks
were done by Muslim radicals. They were acting on their religions
precepts that it is good to kill those who are not Muslim.

I don't think anybody is being phony about this.

I suspect they genuinely hate anything Muslim.

And YOU, if you are going to take that side...

Still, your point is a bit off, maybe necessarily for the fringe.

Took 50 years to get some openness that we where screwing with them.
Things just don't happen out of the blue, well, literally, maybe.

Remember how almost no one would listen to logic, just flag waving.

I've been waiting for the big one, where they want to loud speaker
crap 5 times a day. On grounds of how there is a bell tune before the
time from churches. The world needs to evolve and get a grip that
there are no gods.

There are some smart people here, I've been wondering. What is the
correct answer to why the older countries are still in the stone age?
Was reminded of that viewing many pictures of the floods in Pakistan
and thinking at the same time they have nukes. Someday soon someone's
gonna throw one for the great unknown 4th - 5th (depending if one
counts time) dimension. What a shame that man will probably die off
from fighting about who's other fantasey dimension is truer.

Won't see me killing anyone cause they don't believe the closest star
gives us all the light to exist. Or that cheap drill presses are for
gun smiths and should cost a lot.

I say churches should pay taxes on what's in the hat and when it's
spent like the rest of us and no more tax breaks on land, hell most of
them are in prime real estate! How about 50% inheritance tax every
time a pope and what ever the other leaders are called dies.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

If you can only think in such simplistic terms, then you must hate
Christians on account of terrorism in that religion's name
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...#United_States, and
every other religion on account of terrorism in their names. But you
don't, because you live by a double standard.

They were acting on their religions
precepts that it is good to kill those who are not Muslim.

It's pathetic that so many hold to beliefs such as yours after so
long. Good grief man, don't you read? Here, get to work.
http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/...rism_verse.htm
http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...r_compare.html

OBL is ****ed about US meddling in the Middle East. His plan was to
bait the US into Afghanistan where it could be drained, just as the US
had assisted them in doing with the Russians.
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...060911fa_fact3 They would
like to make it into a religious war as well, primarily to motivate
their own side. It's a dopey idea which people like you buy into hook,
line, and sinker. It's worked better than the terrorists could ever
have imagined, largely thanks to simple-minded voters, and pandering
and fear mongering by scheming pols who have no more honor than those
they hate.

I don't think anybody is being phony about this.

You've missed the point entirely. Don is a phony because he criticizes
others for being disrespectful of religion. Yet he doesn't mind being
disrespectful of religion whenever he feels like doing so.

I suspect they genuinely hate anything Muslim.

You're probably right about that. The joke is that the haters believe
they're intelligent. The terrorists and pols thrive off ignorance, and
they've learned from experience that ignorance and insane religious
polarization can be counted on as surely as the sun rising in the
east.

And YOU, if you are going to take that side...

The only real "sides" here are the ignorant and the enlightened, and
the realists and the hypocrites. And I don't give a rat's ass if the
ignorant and the hypocrites hate me. If I did then I wouldn't be
prodding them to express it, as I just accomplished with you.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:27:42 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella

Weak. What's it like to know that there are probably thousands of
14-year olds who have better critical thinking skills than you have?

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Oh, so you all were merely making harmless jokes, and no sensible
person would take them any other way, right? Do you consider cavelamb
sensible? Because he seems to understand the lot of you pretty well.
As ugly and ill-informed as it is, his opinion was sincere. And the
others aren't making phony excuses either, you're alone in doing that.

Wayne

You give me far too much credit, Wayne.
Too much credit by half at the very least.

I appreciate that you think me sincere.

I'd be really impressed if you thought me polite as well.
(It would make my Mom so proud)

But believe me, I don't understand anybody.
It is way beyond my ken to understand other people.

Especially those who think me ugly and ill-informed.
I'm actually quite adorable, and parts of me are absolutely brilliant!

Or were you just dis-ing my personal opinion?

I'm a dual service veteran - Army and Navy.
I took an oath to defend my nation - twice - and nobody ever asked me
to reascend that oath.

So don't expect any sympathy from me for those who want to destroy my country;
or who would hurt my family and friends, or fellow citizens.

As for your rant?
In my humble opinion it's pretty lame.

But hey, it's all yours, so carry on...

--

Richard Lamb

"Woe unto them who call evil, good, and good evil; who put darkness for light,
and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."
(Isaiah 5:20)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:32:10 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 06:48:19 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:47:42 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:06:47 GMT,
(dan) wrote:

What's that Lassie? You say that Karl Townsend fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:14:55 -0500:

A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that
look like prayer mats.

It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.

So you might say,.... business is booming.

Explosive growth is anticipated, particularly for the premium
Imambom model.

Nice to see you showing the kind of "respect" for religion that you
like to criticize others for demonstrating. Gosh, what a mystery that
people say you're insincere, eh? What a fu*kin phony.

Wayne

Behold, the humorless troll pontificates among the playful.

Thats why the dumb ******* lives out in the country in a shack. He
simply is too rabid to get along with normal people.

Oddly enough..he sounds a lot like Ted Kazinsky.......doesnt he?
Crazy...spewing deranged writings to people he doesnt like....

Dont take any packages from his zip code.......

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sigh. So much ignorance in just one post.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

How is that, oh wise one ?

SW

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:29:49 -0500, cavelamb

Oh, so you all were merely making harmless jokes, and no sensible
person would take them any other way, right? Do you consider cavelamb
sensible? Because he seems to understand the lot of you pretty well.
As ugly and ill-informed as it is, his opinion was sincere. And the
others aren't making phony excuses either, you're alone in doing that.

Wayne

You give me far too much credit, Wayne.
Too much credit by half at the very least.

I appreciate that you think me sincere.

Why settle for sincere when you could cure your ignorance on this
subject with a half-hour of reading?

I'd be really impressed if you thought me polite as well.
(It would make my Mom so proud)

But believe me, I don't understand anybody.
It is way beyond my ken to understand other people.

Well, obviously. The fact that you can't separate a few evil-doers
from the religion of 1.5 billion demonstrates extreme intellectual
helplessness.

Do you imagine that all Catholics should be persecuted because a few
are child molesters? The principle ought to be easy for anyone over
the age of about 8 to understand. When there's a ruckus and the whole
group is punished for the wrongs of one or a few, the youngest of
innocents instinctively grasp the unfairness. How is that at this
stage of your life you're still incapable of learning what even a
young kid can understand?

Especially those who think me ugly and ill-informed.
I'm actually quite adorable, and parts of me are absolutely brilliant!
Or were you just dis-ing my personal opinion?

I have no idea what you look like. The notion that I was commenting on
your appearance is goofy, particularly since my words were clear - "As
ugly and ill-informed as it is, his opinion was sincere."

I'm a dual service veteran - Army and Navy.
I took an oath to defend my nation - twice - and nobody ever asked me
to reascend that oath.

So don't expect any sympathy from me for those who want to destroy my country;
or who would hurt my family and friends, or fellow citizens.

You're not defending anyone. What you're doing is adding to the fear
mongering and to all the costs and heartache that follow. For years
people have been taking the time to explain that you shouldn't hold an
entire religion responsible for the actions of a few. Good gawd, even
GW, conniving ******* that he is, was wise enough to tell you in plain
English not to hate the Muslims for 9-11. Do you need a cite for that?
Of course you don't, because you heard it loud and clear. But you
didn't listen then, and you're being just as pigheaded now. Have you
noticed yet that there's always lots of money to create more disabled
vets, but never enough to take care of them properly? Look in the
mirror to assign blame for the latest crop. 'Cause they wouldn't have
been in harm's way if even 10% of the ignorant had found a way to use
their brains instead of giving in to their ugly base instincts.

As for your rant?
In my humble opinion it's pretty lame.

If only your opinion on this subject was worth anything.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:48:14 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Thats why the dumb ******* lives out in the country in a shack.

That reminds me... I bought my first house nearly 40 years ago. It
wasn't much, but it was a lot nicer than what you have now. I even
managed to pay the taxes on it, imagine that! And when it came time to
move up, I wasn't prevented from doing so by decades of liens. Mind
boggling, eh, deadbeat?

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

We're being baited by a troll, Richard. This is the guy who has
expressed scorn for religions and the religious. He has referred to
Deities of any religion as "skydaddies". He trolls anonymously for
angry internet attention, the only kind of attention he can get.

I think the issue with the Muslim mosque isn't so much one of
Americans exhibiting religeous intolerance as it is of our resenting
an overt gesture of contempt. I strongly doubt that ground zero is the
center of muslim population in NYC, so why that choice for a mosque?
Why not built it closer to Mecca in Brooklyn or Queens, or closer to
where more NYC muslims actually reside?

It's an overtly contemptuous gesture like a raised middle finger, like
spitting on American graves, ****ing on their tombstones and defying
us to object. The twin towers were blown up and thousands of peaceful
Americans killed in the name of jihad and Islam, and now they'd build
a mosque on the site of that atrocity to symbolically mark and claim
the spoils. That is not merely a group of faithful muslims seeking a
place to peacefully worship in a land of religious freedom.

Wayne apparently thinks that's a swell idea -- or at least isn't above
trolling with it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

We're being baited by a troll, Richard.

I know, Don, but not any more.
Filters work wonders for my peace of mind...

I'll bet his mother is very disappointed with him.

This is the guy who has
expressed scorn for religions and the religious. He has referred to
Deities of any religion as "skydaddies". He trolls anonymously for
angry internet attention, the only kind of attention he can get.

I think the issue with the Muslim mosque isn't so much one of
Americans exhibiting religeous intolerance as it is of our resenting
an overt gesture of contempt. I strongly doubt that ground zero is the
center of muslim population in NYC, so why that choice for a mosque?
Why not built it closer to Mecca in Brooklyn or Queens, or closer to
where more NYC muslims actually reside?

You may have a strong point there about the center of muslim culture in NY.

But build it in Brooklyn? or Queens???
I s'pect that would really start a fight.

And it doesn't really matter where it's built.
It WILL be tainted before it's finished.

Hey, it's New York, damit.
They eat pork chops there and gotta have some place to toss the bones.

Who among New York's finest is going to write a littering citation on that?
Some of their guys died that day.
The survivors remember.

So does the rest of America.

It's an overtly contemptuous gesture like a raised middle finger, like
spitting on American graves, ****ing on their tombstones and defying
us to object. The twin towers were blown up and thousands of peaceful
Americans killed in the name of jihad and Islam, and now they'd build
a mosque on the site of that atrocity to symbolically mark and claim
the spoils. That is not merely a group of faithful muslims seeking a
place to peacefully worship in a land of religious freedom.

Wayne apparently thinks that's a swell idea -- or at least isn't above
trolling with it.

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

wrote:

[...]

I took it that he was being sarcastic.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Regularly. But I ridicule all silly superstitions equally, whether
it's people claiming that they can find underground water with a coat
hanger, or insisting that the Earth is 6000 years old. I don't pretend
as you do, that I'm respectful, and then advertise zero respect.

I think the issue with the Muslim mosque isn't so much one of
Americans exhibiting religeous intolerance as it is of our resenting
an overt gesture of contempt. I strongly doubt that ground zero is the
center of muslim population in NYC, so why that choice for a mosque?
Why not built it closer to Mecca in Brooklyn or Queens, or closer to
where more NYC muslims actually reside?

It's an overtly contemptuous gesture like a raised middle finger, like
spitting on American graves, ****ing on their tombstones and defying
us to object.

You mean, like building Catholic churches near elementary schools? LOL

The twin towers were blown up and thousands of peaceful
Americans killed in the name of jihad and Islam, and now they'd build
a mosque on the site of that atrocity to symbolically mark and claim
the spoils. That is not merely a group of faithful muslims seeking a
place to peacefully worship in a land of religious freedom.

Wayne apparently thinks that's a swell idea -- or at least isn't above
trolling with it.

1. It's not at ground zero.
2. It's a community center with a prayer room
3. There are mosques all over the damn place.
4. The worst kind of people are trying to stop mosque building
everywhere in the US. Their "ground zero" argument is mostly merely a
pathetically weak distraction from their intolerance of a single
religion, and a bold advertisement that they don't really believe in
the 1st Amendment.
5. It's a sad day when two of those who swore to uphold the
constitution, make it clear that they had their fingers crossed behind
their backs.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:07:26 -0500, cavelamb

As for your rant?
In my humble opinion it's pretty lame.

If only your opinion on this subject was worth anything.

Wayne

You mean - unlike yours?

Exactly. Mine is based on facts. You know, those things that you
prefer to ignore in favor of your animal instincts.

Bye Wayne!

Hah! Another shallow thinker heads for the hills rather than face
reality.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:55:56 -0500, cavelamb

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:47:42 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:06:47 GMT,
(dan) wrote:

[...]

1. Close enough as doesn't matter. You, isolated in Arizona, may
think that a block and a half is far enough. My daughter lives in
NYC, saw the planes crash into the towers. She was on her bike on the
Brooklyn Bridge. New Yorkers think a block and a half is too damned
close. A lot of folks do.
2 OK, a muslim activity center if you would so quibble.
3 Yes. So why build yet another at (or so close to) ground zero?
4 "...intolerance of a...": asserted with no basis or defense. I
merely assert that building *there* is blatantly disrespectful. There
are no Cathedrals in Mecca. They can build their mosque (or
whatever) in a different borough of the city -- or Newark, or Peoria
or Kingman AZ.
5 The oath goes: "...defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." We did that. That
doesn't preclude us from speaking out against blatant gestures of
contempt and disrespect.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:55:56 -0500, cavelamb

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:47:42 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:06:47 GMT,
(dan) wrote:

[...]

I watched the smoke from my attic window.

2 OK, a muslim activity center if you would so quibble.
3 Yes. So why build yet another at (or so close to) ground zero?
4 "...intolerance of a...": asserted with no basis or defense. I
merely assert that building *there* is blatantly disrespectful.

Why? Are you holding all Muslims responsible for 9/11? If so, why?

There
are no Cathedrals in Mecca.

So what? Are we to lower our principles of liberty and rights to those of
Saudi Arabia?

They can build their mosque (or
whatever) in a different borough of the city -- or Newark, or Peoria
or Kingman AZ.

Who are you to say where they can build? Why do you want to?

5 The oath goes: "...defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." We did that. That
doesn't preclude us from speaking out against blatant gestures of
contempt and disrespect.

What makes you assume it's "contempt and disrespect"? Or is that your
projection into their minds?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

What makes you assume it's "contempt and disrespect"? Or is that your
projection into their minds?

I think he's reading MY mind...

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

What makes you assume it's "contempt and disrespect"? Or is that your
projection into their minds?

I think he's reading MY mind...

So what makes YOU think that's what it is? And which Muslims are the ones
who are doing this?

--
Ed Huntress

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
What makes you assume it's "contempt and disrespect"? Or is that your
projection into their minds?

I think he's reading MY mind...

So what makes YOU think that's what it is? And which Muslims are the ones
who are doing this?

Ed, does the name Neville Chamberlain ring any bells up there?

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:55:56 -0500, cavelamb

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:47:42 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 03:06:47 GMT,
(dan) wrote:

[...]

You, your daughter, and everyone else who agrees with you, are sadly,
disturbingly, and painfully, mistaken. More than 200 years after wise
men acted to prevent people like you from persecuting whomever they
feel like, you're proving that you never accepted the concept even
though you've sworn to defend it.

2 OK, a muslim activity center if you would so quibble.

It's not a case of "quibbling", it's a case of facts versus spin.
People who have reasonable points to make don't need to spin, and
people who spin are generally insincere.

3 Yes. So why build yet another at (or so close to) ground zero?

Who the hell are you to tell anyone where they can build their church?
Read the 1st and tell us how you can say that you support it, and
include your inevitable and pathetic "but"... Then read what every
other mental-midget A-hole has ever written about their issue of the
day, and see how their statements sound exactly the same as yours.
"It's not that I hate blacks, but..." It's not that I think women
aren't qualified to vote, but..." Etc.

4 "...intolerance of a...": asserted with no basis or defense. I
merely assert that building *there* is blatantly disrespectful.

Your deluded thinking shouldn't be a cross for anyone else to bear. If
that weren't true, then perhaps action could be taken on the results
of polling of young folks for example. Then you could be forced to
stay indoors during daylight on account of others being offended by
your wrinkles, or wearing your belt at chest height, or whatever. "I'm
OK with his wrinkles and his belt, *but* let him do that someplace
else where I don't have to see it."

There
are no Cathedrals in Mecca.

The 1st doesn't apply in Mecca. Anytime you'd like to run the country
on Mecca rules, just say so, and see how well that goes over. Which
reminds me, why do you like to stand on the 2nd Amendment, but **** on
the 1st when it suits you? Classic double-standard hypocritical
foreman.

They can build their mosque (or
whatever) in a different borough of the city -- or Newark, or Peoria
or Kingman AZ.

A wiser man would defend their right to build it wherever they like so
long as it meets the same land-use rules as other churches.

5 The oath goes: "...defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." We did that.

You aren't defending anything now. You're weaseling, and doing exactly
what the 1st was designed to prevent. And you damned well know it.
*You* have become the domestic enemy, and your phony arguments might
as well come from a short-bus rider who's just finished drinking 6
beers.

That
doesn't preclude us from speaking out against blatant gestures of
contempt and disrespect.

You're entitled to speak out as much as you like, and present every
weak and deluded idea in your tiny brain for as long as it takes to
make it clear that you have the critical-thinking ability of Angle and
Palin. Or even longer, as is your habit.

Here's what's most ironic - the terrorists' ignorance was taken
advantage of by their insane puppet masters. The perps were too stupid
to realize that their own lights would go out for eternity at the same
moment as their victims, and that the terrorism would make things
dramatically worse for the perps' own families for decades and perhaps
even longer. Yet you, with every advantage in the world, believe the
exact same crap, and even misrepresent the exact same verses in the
exact same way as OBL did. And you can't stop yourself from
advertising it. In addition, you're dancing to the fiddles of the
Gingriches and the Palins, who hope to bait you sufficiently to ride
your ignorance right into the whitehouse, where they will create even
more mayhem, and make things dramatically worse for *your* family for
decades and perhaps even longer. Didn't you learn anything from being
punked by GW? Of course you didn't. Same as you didn't learn a damned
thing from Vietnam. The movers and shakers have been getting over on
people like you since the beginning of time, and that must be how you
*like* it to be. Why else would you voluntarily and enthusiastically
keep making the same mistakes? Once Gingrich and Palin et al have
exhausted their 15 minutes, somebody else will come along to take
their place, and you'll run right out and buy yet another new pair of
dancing shoes.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:46:58 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

1. Close enough as doesn't matter. You, isolated in Arizona, may
think that a block and a half is far enough. My daughter lives in
NYC, saw the planes crash into the towers. She was on her bike on the
Brooklyn Bridge. New Yorkers think a block and a half is too damned
close. A lot of folks do.

I watched the smoke from my attic window.

2 OK, a muslim activity center if you would so quibble.
3 Yes. So why build yet another at (or so close to) ground zero?
4 "...intolerance of a...": asserted with no basis or defense. I
merely assert that building *there* is blatantly disrespectful.

Why? Are you holding all Muslims responsible for 9/11? If so, why?

No. However, we don't hear any decrying of terrorism from any
muslims. Those that support terrorism are very influential within the
muslim community. This was discovered in Dearborn MI not long after
9/11. Do your own homework if so motivated.

You seem inconsistent in being self-righteously defensive of their
first amendment rights but cavalier about mine and those of others
who notice and comment about their choice of sites.

There
are no Cathedrals in Mecca.

So what? Are we to lower our principles of liberty and rights to those of
Saudi Arabia?

No.

They can build their mosque (or
whatever) in a different borough of the city -- or Newark, or Peoria
or Kingman AZ.

Who are you to say where they can build? Why do you want to?

I can't say where they can build. The 1st amendment protects their
right to build wherever they want as long as they are compliant with
laws and codes that apply to everyone in NYC. The 1st amendment is
law of the land whether or not I might support it, and in fact I
defended the constitution a lot more substantially than you and Wayne
ever have. I actually showed up for the fight.

I do strongly question their motives for wanting to build near ground
zero. Why do they want to do that, rather than choose a more neutral
site, other than to make a statement? I and many resent that as
being callously disrespectful of those Americans who were killed there
by terrorists in the name of Islam. Associating any particular muslim
or group of muslims with terrorism may not be logically defensible,
but memory of the 9/11 event in New York City makes it emotionally
obvious and inevitable.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right some days.

5 The oath goes: "...defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." We did that. That
doesn't preclude us from speaking out against blatant gestures of
contempt and disrespect.

What makes you assume it's "contempt and disrespect"

I see no evidence to the contrary. What other significance does that
site have? Why there rather than elsewhere, other than to make a
statement?

Others question that too:
http://www.thomasmore.org/qry/page.taf?id=19

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:05:36 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Need a napkin to wipe the spittle off your chin and screen after that
rant?

This reply give you an excuse to rant again. Enjoy your troll.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 03:06:53 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

They can build their mosque (or
whatever) in a different borough of the city -- or Newark, or Peoria
or Kingman AZ.

Who are you to say where they can build? Why do you want to?

I can't say where they can build. The 1st amendment protects their
right to build wherever they want as long as they are compliant with
laws and codes that apply to everyone in NYC. The 1st amendment is
law of the land whether or not I might support it,

"Whether or not?" There's no end to the implausible deniability with
you. What a weasel.

and in fact I
defended the constitution a lot more substantially than you and Wayne
ever have. I actually showed up for the fight.

Oh, get off your high horse. Given your age, if you did something
"substantial," and were in a fight, it must have been in Vietnam. What the
hell threat to our Constitution was presented by the Viet Cong? Were they
planning to swim across the Pacific and enslave Americans?

Are you still buying that crap, after all these years? If you fought in
Vietnam, you were there to kill people who were no threat to you, who you
didn't understand, and who were on their turf, not yours. You were there
because LBJ decided he wasn't going to be "the first American president to
lose a war," which is historically questionable but a clear expression that
our service men and women were there because of his outsized ego, and little
else. You had your head packed full of lies by politicians who didn't have
to worry about their own lives, and only needed a jingoistic justification
to risk yours.

I thought we grew out of that and woke up decades ago.

You thought wrong in foreman's case. Let's cut him some slack for his
youth, since he frequently demonstrates that his memory is poor and
selective. But the Iraq invasion was a lot more recent, and he's had
every opportunity to contemplate being punked on that. He's also had 9
years to form his opinion about Islam. So how did he get it so wrong?
1. He can't or won't understand that the constitution isn't a buffet,
and that just because he claims the meatballs are pie doesn't make it
so.
2. He spends his free time writing love letters to his guns, and
keeping the world apprised of his latest romantic outings with them.
He's convinced that everyone wants to know if he's gotten to third
base yet. So no time for serious reflection on "lesser" issues.

Associating any particular muslim
or group of muslims with terrorism may not be logically defensible,

LOL "May not?" Bloody hell. You *know* that it isn't defensible at
all, yet you will keep on trying, and worse, accepting free fertilizer
from Palin and Gingrich to help grow more weeds in your brain. As I've
said before, you get more like gummer every day. How long before you
shamelessly trot out a link to some lame-o?

http://www.thomasmore.org/qry/page.taf?id=19

Imagine foreman getting pulled over for driving for miles with his
left blinker on. His defense? A list of people who drive for miles
with their left blinker on.

"The Thomas More Law Center defends and promotes America's Christian
heritage and moral values, including the religious freedom of Christians..."

You picked a pretty lousy authority for freedom of religion, Don. g These
are the wackos who provided pro bono defense for the "intelligent design"
loonies in Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District.

Sure, but it's the best he could find in his inbox.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 02:32:25 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:50:14 -0700, wrote:

But our preferences should have no affect on any of their
rights to build wherever they want. As little as I think of their
superstitions, there's no question that a lot of believers do a lot of
good, so I'll never tar them all with the same brush as the Foremans
of the world are wont to do.

As I've said before, our preferences have no affect on their first
amendment rights.

WTF? Everything you've written is to rationalize *your* preferences
being more important than *their* rights! You've made it crystal clear
that you think the scapegoat of the day is your "enemy", and you've
shamelessly smeared them with statements like "it's up to the Islam
community to demonstrate how we might discern which muslims seek our
demise and terror vs which, if any, would live and worship
peacefully in our country among us." As Ed said, "For Christ's sake,
listen to yourself." Realizing that your pants are down and that your
tiny pecker is showing, *now* you pretend to accept that Americans of
Islamic faith have some rights in their country. Your weasel words
about the validity of those rights "whether or not" you agree with
them, are painful to read. Have you figured out yet why you haven't
been able to offer a single legitimate defense of your position? It's
because there isn't one.

You've never come clean on the cull crap, and all signs suggest that
if we could ever get you to be sincere about the issue at hand, we'd
see some stuff even more disgusting than anything you've written so
far. Because you're driven primarily by a selfish need to indulge your
own irrational sense of being "offended". I don't believe that you can
see one inch further than that because you don't give a damn about the
consequences of your fear mongering. And why *should* you care? You're
gonna' take out *all* of your enemies in the "great cull", right?

How ironic that I, a regular ridiculer of all of the various
skydaddies' kids caraaaazy beliefs, have more respect for religion
than phony foreman.

Your contempt and disdain of all religions is made quite clear in the
above statement.

Says you. But who cares what people like you believe? Your most
important function is to be a voluntary whipping boy for all the other
'tards. Besides, you're living your reward - walkin' around feeling
irrationally fearful and irrationally offended. Karma's a bitch.

BTW, I love that you keep reading and responding to my posts. It gives
some hilarious perspective to your "troll" accusations.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Your rants in response serve my purpose nicely, thank you.