Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wikileaks

On 8/23/2010 8:21 AM, harry wrote:
On Aug 23, 1:55 pm, wrote:
On Aug 23, 8:48 am,
wrote:

"Jim wrote in message

wrote in message
-snip-

So, you're OK with this scum freely handing out classified information
that helps the enemy, puts US and coaltion soldiers at risk and will
likely cost Afghan civilians their lives? He should wind up doing 20
years in jail along with the private that is the likely source of the
information, who at least is in the brig awaiting trial. And if he
had a mysterious accident along the way, that might be a good thing
too.

===========

Let's call his deeds "Reason #3" for all these bad things which may
happen.
I don't see Reason #3 as being any worse than reasons #1 and #2. If I need
to explain those other reasons, you're not qualified to speak about this.

Assange is the lowest of the low. For nothing other than personal
gain he has jeopardized hundreds, or thousands of lives, and made the
entire mission of the US in Afghanistan a more difficult one.

He compare these leaks to the Pentagon papers, yet, other than the
specifics, which were deleted from public reports to save lives, there
is nothing new in these papers.

There is nothing to be gained by his leaks and heavily edited videos
other than his own self-aggrandizement.

He is scum.

Jim
[and if we need 'qualifications' - I'll cite my 1 year of combat
experience and 3 years of holding a Top Secret clearance--- What do
you bring to the table?]

My tax returns. I paid for one war which was fought incorrectly, and another
which was undertaken based on faith, which has no place in foreign policy.

We are still paying for the war which was fought incorrectly, and I'm not
talking about money in this sentence.- Hide quoted text -

So, following your logic, it's then up to every individual to
personally decide when it's OK to ignore law and hand over classified
information. Just because you think a war was fought incorrectly
doesn't give you any special rights. The Rosenbergs thought that the
USSR deserved to have US nuclear secrets. They got what they
deserved.

In the case of scum Assange, he published the names of Afghans who
were helping and working with the USA and coalition forces. What do
you think that does for their life expectancy? But if one bomb aimed
at a valid target missed it's mark and killed some Afghan civilians by
mistake, you'd be here blaming the USA for being satan, wouldn't you?- Hide quoted text -

The USA IS the Great Satan.

Hissssssssss!

TDD