Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Wikileaks

wrote in message

This scum freely handed out classified information
that helps the enemy, puts US and coaltion soldiers at risk and will
likely cost Afghan civilians their lives and to you he's a hero? He
should wind up doing 20
years in jail along with the private that is the likely source of the
information, who at least is in the brig awaiting trial. It is a
good window into your value system though.

That information is classified is meaningless--the posted announcement that
the officers mess dining hall will be closed Monday afternoon so the floor
can be waxed is a classified document, pretty much everything the military
puts on paper is classified at some level. Gazillions of documents end up
classified not because they need to be secret, but because that's how
bureaucrats do things, and sometimes they do it to cover their asses.

I agree that if people die because Wikileaks released documents identifying
those people then Wikileaks should be held to account for that. Believing
that your cause is just does is not a blank check to do anything you please,
although I suspect that is not a view Mr. Assange holds based on his
history.