Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default REQ: Machine Shop in Chicago area for small one-time job

On 08/23/2010 03:27 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Wes wrote:
Just a few questions, what do you think this is going to cost you?

That reminds me of the by-2-by-2 rule of thumb: what do you think that
it SHOULD cost? Twice that is what it probably WILL cost. Twice again is
what it COULD cost. Works surprisingly often.

I'm thinking you could easily buy that nice rotary table twice for the
price of the machining. A Phil Woods tandem axle hub costs more than
that; I don't think you'll beat out Phil for price with a custom one-off
at a professional shop.

(Unless Iggy wants to do it for beer money on his new CNC machine).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services