Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne[_2_] Dave Osborne[_2_] is offline

Default Pluggable ceiling rose for outdoor use?

Andy Dingley wrote:
I've now converted several of our indoor pendant light fittings to a
Klik ceiling rose, which allows them to be easily unplugged and lifted
down, without tools.
http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk...5mm--2m-length

Next is to fit a hanging lantern in the porch - an open-fronted
Victorian pitched roof affair. Is there any similar sort of device to
the Klik socket, which is weatherproof? Otherwise I'll be using choc-
block in a sealed junction box, and that means the pain of making
overhead choc-block connections at height.

I've used the Click CT100 connectors inside the workshop for a similar
task, but they're not weatherproof and nor will they fit through a
cable gland entry into a sealed box.
http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk...ector-16a-250v

Klik themselves make an IP66 rated box and lid, but I've yet to find a
stockist who will sell singles.

Any thoughts on a simple connector for an outside light? Thanks

Lewden PD213/3P and PD213/3S

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...13slash3S.html

They're not designed for ceiling hanging, so have no weight rating, but
the plug screws to the socket, so that's not going to be a problem; the
problem will be the strength of the cord grip in the plug. I would think
that 5kg is a reasonable rating.