Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default AC compressor

On Aug 23, 5:04*am, Evan wrote:
On Aug 22, 10:06*pm, ransley wrote:

My 1986 Lennox AC compressor unit just stopped running, the fan isnt
running and no noise comes from the unit, I reset the breakers and the
thermostat is the old round analog Honywell, its calling for cooling.
Ive never worked on this but is there anything I can test with a V
meter before I call a pro. 3 weeks ago I lost all freon from a big
leak and had it fixed, all has been fine until today. I would think at
least the fan would run.

Is there some specific reason you want to keep fiddling with a unit
that is 24 years old and now using a substitute refrigerant for what
it was originally charged with ?

After fixing a leak the unit stops working completely ?

I would say you got your 24 years out of the unit and its time to
update your installation... *Not only will a newer unit of the same
size use less energy, they also have better control systems for
them now...

~~ Evan

My mistake its a 96, only the second time it broke, its 13 seer and I
could not get a new one this year, so its fix it or get a window unit
for the room I sleep in.