Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
notbob notbob is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On 2010-08-23, SF Man wrote:

Plan C, is to buy a NON-CALIFORNIA chain saw on the net. Can you recommend
a good place to buy chain saws (NON CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS) that actually
have adjustable "L" low and "H" high screws for the carb?

Sorry, but I've had little to no experience with chainsaws and
2-stroke yard tools, despite their being the same engines. In fact, I
had a terrible time with the chainsaws and gas trimmers I inherited
when my brother passed away. I couldn't get any of them to start,
either, mainly cuz they were all junk, with cracked primer bulbs and
hardened broken fuel lines and cracked plug wires. There's some real
crappy merchandise being foisted off on the public, these days.

nb