Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buddy Beavers Buddy Beavers is offline

Default Anybody in California have a 30 ton jack they want to swap something for?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 09:53:38 -0500, "Buddy Beavers"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 04:19:18 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I was setting up my new press tonight..and the jack I thought was 20
ton..was 12 ton.

The press is rated at 30 tons..so anyone got one they want to trade
Stuff for? Harbor Freight has em for $80..but I dont have $80 at the
moment to buy a jack with.

And considering that he claims to charge $75 an hour, then why is he
broke and wasting multiple hours *talking* about getting a cheap jack,
instead of working for a single hour and buying a new one?

He said it cost $80, you libtard.

Whine seems to forget that in California, with the rapid bailing out of
machine shops..the work has gotten a hell of a lot slower.

If there was work here..Id be working. In the last 24 months..Ive lost
16 customers who are now empty buildings
Ive got another 12-15 who are working 3-4 days a week, and are often
closed weeks at a time.

I walked into a machine shop about a month ago..visit a customer Ive
done business with for years. He was pulling down the plaques and
whatnot from the walls, and putting them in boxes. When I asked what he
was doing, he simply told me he was quitting. When I looked at him with
a wondering face..he said he was taking his personal stuff, some bits
and pieces, and leaving the keys on his desk when he left. He had owned
the business for over 30 yrs.

He simply couldnt get enough business to keep the doors open, the lights
on and the machines running. So he said ****it! and went home to retire.
Fortunately he was smart enough to have tucked away money so he could.
He simply called the machine owners..Haas, etc etc..and told them he had
quit..and they could come get their machines, or leave em for the
creditors auction. He was outa there.

And asking me if there was anything I wanted, and helping me load a few
things in the truck...he closed and locked the door, slipped the key
into the mail slot, got into his truck and drove away. He never even
looked back.

California.

From what I understand...other states are doing better...some are doing
worse.

But Whine doesnt know know much. He just thinks he does.

Gunner

That really sucks the way Barack Hoover Obama has ****ed everything up.
Luckily you're a survivor.