Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Bill wrote:

By the way, I get to apply many of the skills I've learned working on
this project to a garbage disposal that broke yesterday and needs to be
replaced.

I observed that the garbage disposal is currently on a dedicated 20 Amp
circuit, but, at least back to its switch, it is wired with white romex
cable (guage 14). I am not yet familiar yet with the cable between the
switch and the main panel (I have a hunch that it is guage 12).

This configuration is inappropriate, no? Technically, I think I should
upgrade the cable to yellow or replace the breaker with a 15 Amp one.
The new device will be about 8.2 Amps. Given these choices, I think I
would lean towards replacing the breaker.

The wire to the garbage disposal being woefully short, it's amazing how
this seems to be blossoming into a project in itself...

And no, I did NOT rinse any drywall compound went down the sink! : )

Hope you all will have even more fun than I will tomorrow!

Bill