Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On 8/21/2010 3:46 PM, SF Man wrote:
I just realized that just before it stopped running, it ran really really
fast. Of course, I had protective headgear on, but, even then, thinking
back, it was running really fast.

I wonder ...

I wonder if I blew the rings somehow.

When I put my finger over the hole after removing the spark plug, and
pulled the starter cord, there was only a small puff. Noticeable. But
small.

Do you think compression might be the problem?

You can always try the compressed air trick. If it won't run
on compressed air, there could be an internal problem with
the piston and rings.

TDD