Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:40:27 -0700, SF Man
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:14:12 -0700, Oren wrote:
Do you recall the color of the spark? A yellow/orange is a weak spark
(bad plug gap or weak ignition).

It was a no go when I tried to start it just now. No catching at all.

If the spark is yellow mostly, how do I get it to be blue?

Try closing the gap a bit.

Oh, when you test a spark plug like this and ground it to the block -
always make sure you have a shinny surface. Use good metal and not a
painted surface.

I'll buy a new plug, but, how do I fix a weak ignition?

Find us the online manual/link for the engine.