Posted to alt.home.repair
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:18:07 -0700, SF Man wrote:

Am watching this video to learn how to adjust the carb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhXGWF-B_hs

Doh. I just realized the "L", "H", and "T" embossed on the cover that I
first removed indicated the low, high, and ... hmmm ... I guess "throttle"
adjustment screws?

Both the "L" and the "H" pin are NOT screws. Clearly they are not designed
to be adjusted. Again, this may be a California (smog) thing. To discourage
you from touching them, there is a point instead of a screw slot; and they
have a housing around them just so you can't easily get to them.

The "T" screw is easy to get to, even with all the covers on as there is a
slot in the plastic to allow access. Do you think the "T" is for throttle?