Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:05:24 -0500, hls wrote:
Husqvarna, and some other chain saws, have had problems with the
plastic gas line inside the gas tank cracking.

Thanks for the tips.

This is apparently a Poulan motor in the Craftsman chain saw.

The three fuel lines appear clear and unbroken. Chain saw is only a year
old. Fuel filter appears unclogged when I blow on it and has no visible
deposits. It's bright white. When I press the bulb, gas flows (I can tell
because I emptied it accidentally while I was holding it in my hands and it
filled right up with gas).

Gas is new. Mix is new.

I'm working on the carb screw as I type ...