Posted to alt.home.repair
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:49:13 -0700, SF Man wrote:

So far, I can only find ONE screw with a spring on it which seems to be an
adjusting screw. I will go back and look for the other.

The one adjusting screw seems to be at the level of the choke.

Surprisingly, I counted 8 full revolutions before it bottomed out.

I'm SURPRISED because I was expecting only one or two turns based on the
adjustment procedure people said here (to back it out one turn).

Does 8 turns to bottom the adjusting screw for the choke plate seem odd to
you? Should I still just back it out ONE turn?