Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Aug 21, 7:04*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Same as lawn mower. Take the spark plug out, and hold it to a metal
part of the body.

Hard to do on a chainsaw while holding the saw, the plug, the pull
cord, and snatching all at the same time.

I made a short cord to do the trick. Has a standard alligator clip on
one end and a battery cable clip on the other. The battery cable clip
clamps to the spark plug body and the alligator clip to any convenient
piece of metal on the motor. That frees up my hands for other things
and keeps me from getting shocked.