Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,sci.electronics.repair

Default Best solder free electrical connection

On 8/21/2010 2:01 PM, Steve S (another one) wrote:
"Michael A. wrote in message
m...

Dave wrote:

On 21/08/2010 03:59, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

geoff wrote:

That's a very good example of why most people with brains left
Europe
for 'The new World'.

So how come Britain made a better nuclear bomb than the New World? And
the New World wanted as much detail of our superior technology as they
could get?

What superior technology? Lucas?

A giant US engineering company, TRW, put its best brains to work to develop
a successful electric power steering system. They spent a long time and many
millions of dollars. In the end they had to go out and buy the technology
from a little British outfit. Guess who that was? It's now the world most
successful electric power steering system.

Now who the hell was it....

Oh, yes. Lucas.

The US military also purchased the rights to build the Harrier Jump Jet.
I think there has been a lot of technology going in both directions. So
be fair about it, The UK is a great place.

TDD