Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25139 Ignoramus25139 is offline

Default Do I need speed above 60 IPM on a hobby mill

On 2010-08-21, Mike Henry wrote:

And for mills with faster spindles and much higher spindle motor HP.
Download Bob Warfield's G-Wizard and check out how much HP is required for
various cuts. That can be pretty illuminating.

Mike, I downloaded it and it runs, however, it says that I am not
authorized to use it.

I would really much prefer to write my own feeds and speeds
calculator. Both as a perl module (for everyone to write their own
programs) and a website calculator.

I have already started (yesterday or so) a metalworking section on
algebra.com.

http://www.algebra.com/algebra/homew...g/Solvers.html

I want to do a real speeds and feeds calculator, however.

I have looked up various references and they seem to contradict each
other.