Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25139 Ignoramus25139 is offline

Default Tell me what I need

On 2010-08-21, Steve B wrote:
I'm trying to fix an old cement mixer. I need either some washers with a 1"
hole, or a spacer/collar that has the same opening. Where would I look for
these things? Local NAPA? Ace? I would like grade five or eight.

Ace probably has them.

And I need to weld cast to steel. Should I just buzz it with 7018, or get
some Ni rod and do the preheat and postheat and all that? This won't be
taking a lot of stress, just keeping a shaft in line, replacing a wallowed
shaft tunnel.

I would use NiRod with preheat. I used it recently, it was awesome.

And I have a 13" aluminum pulley that has a one inch hole. It is cracked
along two of the legs, and looks like it will break off any time. Because
the shaft is so wallowed, I want to buy a steel pulley, and tack it on in
line so that it doesn't wobble like the current one does. Any sources?
Gonna look locally in the next couple of days.

McMaster Carr

Steve

visit my site, leave an e mail, and get a free book!