Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Tell me what I need

On Aug 20, 8:27*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm trying to fix an old cement mixer. *I need either some washers with a 1"
hole, or a spacer/collar that has the same opening. *Where would I look for
these things? *Local NAPA? *Ace? *I would like grade five or eight.

And I need to weld cast to steel. *Should I just buzz it with 7018, or get
some Ni rod and do the preheat and postheat and all that? *This won't be
taking a lot of stress, just keeping a shaft in line, replacing a wallowed
shaft tunnel.

And I have a 13" aluminum pulley that has a one inch hole. *It is cracked
along two of the legs, and looks like it will break off any time. *Because
the shaft is so wallowed, I want to buy a steel pulley, and tack it on in
line so that it doesn't wobble like the current one does. *Any sources?
Gonna look locally in the next couple of days.

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

visit my site, leave an e mail, and get a free book!

Home Depot has 1" galvanized washers. They're with the one inch bolts.