Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default lost webpage - using weedwhacker string for "thread locking" - ie nylock

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:52:08 +0000 (UTC), des bromilow
wrote:

G'Day,

I recall seeing a webpage where there was some pictures of a threaded device
which used a piece of weedwhacker string pressed through a hole to serves
as a form of threadlock - similar to a nylock.

Now I need something like that in my design, and I don't recall the website.
Does anyone know the website page I'm describing?
What is the URL?

I'm making up some little machine jacks for settign a sinebar, and they tend
to move a littel when they are maneuvered into position, I'd prefer the thread
lock action as opposed to the bulk of a lock nut.

Thanks,
Des
remove the german anti-spam device if direct replying

==========
That sounds like the KFR Omnipost tool holders. They use
this method on the vertical adjustment screw and it seems to
work well on the few holders I have made.

see
http://www.krfcompany.com/overview.html
http://www.krfcompany.com/krfcatalog.pdf
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...ni-post-87046/

To see some pictures of this tool holder in the flesh click
on
http://mcduffee-associates.us/machining/QCTH.htm

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).