Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default lost webpage - using weedwhacker string for "thread locking" - ie nylock

"des bromilow" wrote in message
.au...

G'Day,

I recall seeing a webpage where there was some pictures of a threaded
device which used a piece of weedwhacker string pressed through a hole to
serves as a form of threadlock - similar to a nylock.

Now I need something like that in my design, and I don't recall the
website.
Does anyone know the website page I'm describing?
What is the URL?

I'm making up some little machine jacks for settign a sinebar, and they
tend to move a littel when they are maneuvered into position, I'd prefer
the thread lock action as opposed to the bulk of a lock nut.

Thanks,
Des
remove the german anti-spam device if direct replying

I haven't seen that webpage, but what also might work is Vibra-Tite VC-3.
It is a thread locker you apply before assembly and let dry. It dries to a
soft plastic coating that lets you adjust the scew but keeps it from
vibrating loose.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMAKA=00250100
http://www.ndindustries.com/vc-3.php