George

Default Resawing on a Ridgid 14" Band Saw

Pivot fence works best for me. Don't need support except next to the blade.
What I find more important is the use of hands. Left hand clumsy here, so I
fence to the right of the blade. Clumsy presses, adroit guides the piece.
Duginskie book, which you should buy anyway, show it.

If you have any non-flat surfaces, a sled is the answer. Far fewer
surprises and kinked blades - DAMHIKT.

"Dusty Workshop" wrote in message
om...
I have just purchased a Rigid 14" band saw. I intend to use the saw
for resawing 6" stock, btoh from precut lumber and from timbers. I
plan to use tha saw as is, with no after factory upgrades. I was
wondering if someone who has used this saw could recommend the best
resawing jig. I have found plans for a small one such as this: