Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Mini Cannon

On 8/20/2010 1:31 PM, steamer wrote:
--FWIW I wrote the guy a letter to find out a little more about it
but I guess so many people wrote that he's only sent out a form letter in
response and I didn't really get my questions answered; maybe some of you
lot can set me straight?
--For starters I made a little cannon of my own but it doesn't work
for beans: best I can do is lob a bb about 2ft. I'm thinking the type of
powder I'm using might have something to do with it and that the open
touch-hole is dissipating some of the force. So for starters where does one
get that kewl small-diameter fuze he's using? And who's got a source for
that extra-extra fine powder he's using? Ordinary pistol powder is maybe too
coarse for this application..

If it's the little tiny brass mortar-looking one that you're talking
about, somebody else built a replica of it
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrThumbwii#p/u/3/GyFXZkHSU6Q. If you read
the comments you'll find some discussion of the powder.