Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:15:21 -0400, wrote:

Please consider the following non-standard mudding problem:

Two pieces of drywall meet unevenly (old and new) with perhaps up to
5/16" difference in the height of their surfaces. You could even
imagine a few gaps almost 1/2" wide between them, but these have been
filled with Durabond 90, the difference in height mitigated at the same
time. There is no Durabond 90 on the higher surface.

Ah, you bought the wrong thickness drywall, didn't you? If you'd gone
with OSB instead, you could have added a piece of 1x3 flat moulding
and called it a design feature. But now you're screwed. So solly!

Imagine that at the present state, the Durabond compound forms about a
40 degree angle from the lower to the upper piece of drywall.

I have about 50-60 feet of drywall joints in this condition (as a result
of my decision not to remove my drywall up to the ceiling)!

Ain't hindsight a real ****er?

You have not heard me complain. I'm just going to use a bigger container
to hold the mud and a bigger knife. I'm not bad with the knife. The
reason that I did not want to remove all of the drywall to the ceiling
was on account of the treated/brushed (?) ceiling. I realize you are
just jesting.

Bill