Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Mini Cannon

On Aug 20, 1:31*pm, steamer wrote:
* * * * --FWIW I wrote the guy a letter to find out a little more about it
but I guess so many people wrote that he's only sent out a form letter in
response and I didn't really get my questions answered; maybe some of you
lot can set me straight?
* * * * --For starters I made a little cannon of my own but it doesn't work
for beans: best I can do is lob a bb about 2ft. I'm thinking the type of
powder I'm using might have something to do with it and that the open
touch-hole is dissipating some of the force. So for starters where does one
get that kewl small-diameter fuze he's using? And who's got a source for
that extra-extra fine powder he's using? Ordinary pistol powder is maybe too
coarse for this application..

--
* * * * "Steamboat Ed" Haas * * * * : *A human without a critter *
* * * * Hacking the Trailing Edge! *: *is incomplete..

That is, indeed, a most excellent project. If you do find out anything
further about the consumables, please keep us in the loop.