Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How cheap can a cheap battery charger be?

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 01:50:39 -0700 (PDT), Michael B
wrote:

On Aug 19, 1:33*am, mm wrote:

You’ll get more daily power and extended life from your batteries.

* * * Features “full float” charging capability, which holds your
batteries at an appropriate voltage, ensuring that they're fresh and
ready to go even after long periods of storage *[If the cart is used
every day 9-5, M-F, and never has long periods of storage, does this
matter?]
* * *.... * *
* * * LED status lights show the charging progress from 0% to 100% [it
has 6 led's.]

Harbor Freight is selling a device that senses charge and supposedly
avoids overcharging, and they are running a special on it. Normally
about $9, special at about $5.

Thanks.

But I searched on overcharge prevent
and found solar charge controller for 75 dollars
http://www.harborfreight.com/30-amp-...ler-94790.html

on voltage sense found nothing
on voltage foudn 8 things, pliers and testers

Anyhow, I guess youre just saying that the circuit might be very
cheap. I'm out of this project now, and if she has to spend 100
dollars more for the better charger, even though it costs the maker
only an extra ten, she'll have to. That one charger is better than
the other is all I need to tell her.

Thanks.