Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is most "handcrafted" stuff actually CNC'ed?

Ignoramus28874 wrote:
I am just thinking now, knowing what I know now, and wonder if many
things that are sold as "handcrafted" are actually mass produced,
CNCed etc.

Example

http://ef.algebra.com/e/330459440392

From some contacts in the CNC router industry, the Chinese are cranking
out wood routers in HUGE numbers for sale in the far east. India is
too, but in smaller quantities. They both are supplying kits to be
built in the destination country, using a bunch of tricks like a plywood
foundation that you pour full of a cement to make the work table. My
contact said some of these Chinese outfits are delivering up to 3000
machines a MONTH!

Some of this stuff is being used for architectural panels, decorative
railings and trellises, etc. but certainly a lot of thes sorts of items
Iggy mentions could also be done that way.

Jon