Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Gripper?

On Aug 19, 8:17*am, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 22:51:10 -0500, "Leon" wrote:

it

Yes, it is pricey but it does solve problems.

Yes, but it is in the "must think about" range. *I do hate taking the
factory
guard on and off, though. *This would solve that problem.

Did you happen to see the MJ Splitter at the Gripper site. *Simple small
much less expensive, unless you compare pound for pound. *;~)

I have the Steel version as the "plastic" only version did not hold up.

Sure, I'm on the second set of plastic MJ splitters. I broke the
first set within days of installing them and I'm confident I can do it
again so I bought a set of the "steel" splitters on my trip to Atlanta
Tuesday (hadn't seen the steel version before). The kick plaws of the
Biesemeyer splitter are very attractive, though. I could retire the
stock guard.