Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Container floor anchors

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:08:11 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Steve B wrote:

I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router
table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be
able to unmount it quickly. Where can I find some type of t bolts that I
can drill an oversized hole in the wood, put the female anchor in there
flush with the floor, secure it in, and have enough room around it to blow
out chips once I take it loose? I have a router table on a base, table saw,
and metal bender I'd like to anchor down. I think if I use a lag, the hole
will wallow in the wood. I could take some square plate, cut some vent blow
holes, drill it, weld a nut on the underside, rout out a place on the floor,
and mount that with countersinks, but I was wondering if there was anything
available that was pre made that I could just slam down.

Steve

free books while they last!

Install threaded inserts into the floor at the appropriate places. Use
through holes for easy clearing if the holes will not cause a problem
with bugs or airflow.

http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP...ring=90192A127

Excellent idea, Pete. For bug-free operation, countersink the holes
1/4" and fill with cap head mach screws when not in service. Nice and
flush.

--
We're all here because we're not all there.