Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Electricity costs.

In message , sweetheart
writes

"harry" wrote in message

Re electricity consumption. I had one of those plugin gadgets that
measures power consumption, power factor & all the rest of it.
I was expecting to find our freezer & fridge were the main culprits
for power use but it wasn't. It was the television!
Our freezer is about ten years old and came second. Maybe OP should
check it's not running too cold & adjust thermostat if neccesary.
Listen to the radio! ;-)

I wouldn't put it past being the TV. Thanks. How much would a plug in
gadget cost?

Around £15 from ebay.

This is the one I have (though I got mine a bit cheaper)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electricity-Po...er-KWH-Watt-NE
W-/120576849118

There are some that are cheaper, but this one does take account of the
power factor which makes it more accurate, some chepaer one smay not.
They often don't say.

Things I don't like are it has no backlight to the LCD, so can be hard
to read when still plugged in sometimes, but it also has no battery
backup, so as soon as you unplug it loses all the data
--
Chris French