Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Electricity costs.

On 15 Aug, 19:20, tony sayer wrote:
In article , sweetheart
hotmail.com@?.? scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message
What I really needed to know as per my original question is *are my
electricity costs exorbitant in terms of other peoples or is my OH being
unrealistic in his expectations of reducing it further?
That's why I gave the figures.

Ever thought of asking the neighbours if they have similar properties?...

Ah, well aside of the fact I dont know my neighbours well enough for that, I
am afraid *we do not have similar properties.
I live in a rural hamlet and all the houses are different.

My one neighbour has a 1980's built *four bed house and the other a two bed
1977 built house . Both use wood fires for heating.

I have a large detached bungalow on a smallholding with two beds ( could be
three *if some enterprising family wanted to shuffle up in the sitting room
using it as a diner or even using the kitchen as a diner *instead of having
it as a large room and having separate kitchen and dining rooms. *Mine was
built in 1958. * *There were no other houses around back then. * There was a
small build of houses further up the valley *in the 1980's but they are not
comparable in any way.

But as I said, I really would not feel able to ask.

Ever thought about going LPG gas or solid fuel heating or would that be
too much up front Capx spend?..
--
Tony Sayer- Hide quoted text -

LPG is a fuel of last resort. More expensive even than storage
heaters. BTW, do your storage heaters have a controlled ouput, ie
fans? If not, this could be your whole problem.