Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default DIY stands for Draw It Yourself, right?

On 17 Aug, 10:53, "John Whitworth"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On 16 Aug, 21:40, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:
Recommendations, please, for photo software which is as easy to use as
Picture it! 7, which is what I use now, but with more features and not as
mind-numbing to learn as Photoshop, the manual for which is an excellent
cure for insomnia.

I'd get Picture It! Publishing but it's no longer available, which is a
shame as it looks to have the extra features that 7 is missing.

Si

Nah! Photoshop is far out in front. *You need the right third party
book.
I find the * *"****** in easy steps" * to be the best.
A lot of these books are too full of Geekspeak to be coherant.

I've tried to use Photoshop many times. But I always fall foul of a few
things. Like where is a standard undo button, for instance? Why oh why can
they not just stick to some standard Windows interface concepts. Nothing
ever seems clear with Photoshop. In PSPX2, I can perform easy perspective
correction, on, say, some stained glass that was above eye level in a
church, by selecting 'perspective correction', and then clicking the four
points that I want to form my rectangle. With Photoshop, for some reason, I
have to use the crop command. But I don't want to crop!

And then, of course, there's the expense of full Photoshop (proper
perspective correction isn't in PE). I know that many people just pirate
Photoshop - but seeing as I have PSPX2, fully licensed, and easy to use, I
prefer to stick with it. Granted, Photoshop gives the best, most
professional results - but it just needs too much investment of time to
learn, when I can get good enough results with what I know already.

JW- Hide quoted text -

On the old versions of PS you can only undo the last operation.
Later versions have multiple undo but it needs hugely increased
computer memory and disk space as every version (between each
operation is stored in temorary files) There's a dropdown "history"
feature that controls this.