Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Gripper?

On Aug 15, 7:25*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Jack Stein" wrote in message

Leon wrote:
*My injury was also after the cut and
after the saw was turned off. *SawStop would have prevented my injury.

Not sure, but my guess is after the saw is turned off, saw stop will no
longer work?

Nope, I confirmed this about 8 years ago. *Turning the SawStop motor off
does not turn off its ability to dectct flesh while the blade is still
spinning. *Until the blade stops spinning the brake works as it would when
cutting wood.

IIRC there are 2 switches, the main that powers the safety device and also
powers the switch to turn the saw on. *Also IIRC the system has to power up
so to speak before you can turn the saw on. *If during the initial power up
a fault is detected you can not turn the saw on.

Yep. I just used one today and had that issue. Saw wouldn't start
until I cleaned it off - dust everywhere cuz it's on a jobsite with no
DC. Blew it off, restarted it and it worked fine. There are two
switches - one for the stop mech and one for the blade spin. Nice
saw. Well built. Pricey though.

JP