Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Chaps my ass

On Aug 17, 1:26*pm, (Pinstripe Sniper) wrote:
Andrew VK3BFA wrote:
On Aug 17, 12:48*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
*I might *make a midnight run tonight ................
Steve

Hey - I long ago gave up looking for rationality in these things -
just view it as an opportunity to get some nice thick aluminium
plate.......
Andrew VK3BFA.

In my neck of the world (S. Nevada) *the sign posts are perforated
galvanized 2" square stock. *I have a "friend" (Johnny...Table) who
will pick up wiped out sign posts. *Handy stuff. *The signs
themselves, not so handy "he" says. * :-)

PsS

What's amazing to me is how many get flattened in totally decent
weather. Don't know how many times I've gone by a stop sign, street
sign or directional divider sign one day and it's bent over flat the
next. No ice, no rain, nothing. Bunch of drunks, must be. Guess it
keeps the street department in work. Body shops, too. You'd have a
hard time straightening out those sign posts, most resemble a lazy "S"
after ending up underneath. Have some three foot tall concrete
bollards about a foot in diameter in front of the neighborhood post
office, somebody flattened a couple of those, too. Have a 3" pipe in
the center, also filled with concrete. Can't think of any car short
of one traveling at speed flattening one, had to have been a really
substantial truck. Painted bright yellow, too, not exactly
camoflaged. Glad I'm not out much that late(or that early).

Stan