Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
EIsmith EIsmith is offline

Default Container floor anchors

"Steve B" wrote in message

"EIsmith" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router
table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be
able to unmount it quickly.

snip

If the flooring is Oak of sufficient thickness, properly sized lag bolts
would be the simple solution. I don't see the need for anything
elaborate. The table saw & the router table don't transfer significant
(shear) loads to the floor. The bender should have a base plate large
enough for the correct number of bolts so it spreads the load out. If you
still need something more you can use threaded inserts, my local hardware
has them up to 1/2" ( takes a 1/2" 13 tpi bolt) on the shelf.

Andrew

My shop bender is about three feet high with an extendable bender arm that
goes out to about five feet. The base is no more than 12" square. I know
by looking at it that I could overpower it.

Add alignment pins to the base that fit in pipe sleeves that you place in
the floor. The lags will keep it anchored and the pins will handle the
torque of the bender.
I have a buddy that has a Hossfeld lagged to the floor of his barn it works
ok with the cro molly tubing for race car frames.

Andrew