Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gripper?

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:41:37 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

I suspect that the industry could still buy the license however it
would naturally be more expensive since SawStop has more to loose now.

According to one account he wants 3 percent per saw initially increasing
to 8 percent as sales increase--I can't see any company in their right
mind agreeing to that--normally it's a high charge up front decreasing
with volume.

Not to mention that the markup on most stationary power tools is pretty
low to start with.