Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Chaps my ass

Sunworshipper wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:48:35 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Down at the corner where we get off the freeway is a new stop sign. The old
one, still in perfect condition is laying on the ground beside it. I bet
tomorrow, it has been run over by a dozer, or crumpled by a backhoe with a
thumb bucket. Those things have to be $500 when all is said and done. Why
couldn't they use the old one (that looks new) and not have to have a new
one and destroy the old one so it can't be used somewhere else? I might
make a midnight run tonight ................

Steve

Our street sign was stolen about 5 months ago, yesterday I see they
finally got a new one. They put it up parallel to the main road !

Hah. Reminds me of when they put in a new shopping
center near my house. They first put up the street
lights, then hung the sloping horizontal signal pole
arms for the stoplights. I couldn't figure out why
the stoplights didn't line up with the lanes on the
road.

They had hung the signal poles on the wrong sides
of the street. The eastbound side of the street had
a left turn lane and the west bound side had a right
turn lane.

So on the westbound side, they mounted a signal pole
arm with positions for a left turn and straight, and
placed straight and right turn signals on it.

On the eastbound side, they mounted a signal pole arm
with positions for straight and right turn and mounted
left turn and straight signals on it.

My wife couldn't stop laughing when I pointed it out
to her...

It's been about 20 years and it's never been fixed.