Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Container floor anchors

"EIsmith" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router
table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be
able to unmount it quickly.

snip

If the flooring is Oak of sufficient thickness, properly sized lag bolts
would be the simple solution. I don't see the need for anything elaborate.
The table saw & the router table don't transfer significant (shear) loads
to the floor. The bender should have a base plate large enough for the
correct number of bolts so it spreads the load out. If you still need
something more you can use threaded inserts, my local hardware has them up
to 1/2" ( takes a 1/2" 13 tpi bolt) on the shelf.

Andrew

My shop bender is about three feet high with an extendable bender arm that
goes out to about five feet. The base is no more than 12" square. I know
by looking at it that I could overpower it. Your idea about threaded
inserts is good, it's just that I would have a hard time keeping them clean,
as I get a lot of sand in my shop. Kinda wanted to rout out a big enough
area under the attachment so that there would be a constant airspace, and
sand/moisture buildup could not accelerate electrolysis.

I kinda think I already know what I'm going to do, just looking for
something prefab that I can slap down and go.

Steve

free books while they last!