Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby James Waldby is offline

Default Container floor anchors

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:50:22 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:
I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around
router table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor,
but be able to unmount it quickly. Where can I find some type of
T-bolts that I can drill an oversized hole in the wood, put the female
anchor in there flush with the floor, secure it in, and have enough room
around it to blow out chips once I take it loose? I have a router table
on a base, table saw, and metal bender I'd like to anchor down. I think
if I use a lag, the hole will wallow in the wood. I could take some
square plate, cut some vent blow holes, drill it, weld a nut on the
underside, rout out a place on the floor, and mount that with
countersinks, but I was wondering if there was anything available that
was pre made that I could just slam down.

Instead of routing the inset holes on the floor, you could use a
Forstner bit. Common lockset sizes like 2.125 or 2.375 might be
good; see [1]. You could use large-diameter filler covers (above
the thinner hole threaded for your hold-down bolts) like those
used in floor box covers, see [2]. You could buy large-diameter
set-screws, or maybe make them by cutting sections from a foot of
1" all-thread, but some electrical suppliers have nice threaded
knockout filler plugs, which I can't find online at the moment.
See [3, 4] for some lesser imitations.

[1] http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/forsbit.htm
[2] http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-P60DU-Floor-Cover/dp/B000HEIXPS
[3] http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/electrical-box-cover-accessories/electrical-boxes/electrical/ecatalog/N-bt5ZbjwZ1z0pyir?L1=Generators%252C&L2=Automatic+St andby&op=search&operator=prodIndexRefinementSearch &originalValue=briggs+generator&sst=All
[4] http://www.garvinindustries.com/electrical-junction-boxes/box-installation-accessories/knockout-seals-%28snap-in-style%29

--
jiw