Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default DIY stands for Draw It Yourself, right?

In message
,
harry writes
On 16 Aug, 21:40, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:
Recommendations, please, for photo software which is as easy to use as
Picture it! 7, which is what I use now, but with more features and not as
mind-numbing to learn as Photoshop, the manual for which is an excellent
cure for insomnia.

I'd get Picture It! Publishing but it's no longer available, which is a
shame as it looks to have the extra features that 7 is missing.

Si

Nah! Photoshop is far out in front. You need the right third party
book.
I find the "****** in easy steps" to be the best.
A lot of these books are too full of Geekspeak to be coherant.

Well besides being expensive, Photoshop is way more complicated than the
general user needs or wants.

Never used Picture it, so not sure what it's like. What do you want toa
actually do with the photos?

But mostly here we use Photoshop Elements (basically a cut down PS that
is easier to use, whilst still being as powerful as most peopel will
ever need.) - it has two parts an editor, which is very good - it has
simpler views, which is good for when you just want to tweak some
photos. The full editor does loads more.

It also has an Organiser, which is the bit that we use most. As it's
much easier to manage 1000's of photos via this than via just stickign
them in folders.

You can download trial version from Adobe, Morgan often have old version
going cheap.

The editor bit of Googles Picasa is not bad either, and simple to use.
--
Chris French