Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28874 Ignoramus28874 is offline

Default Flat parts machined on all sides?

On 2010-08-16, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:40:42 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Iggy,

It really seems your zeal for CNC has surpassed your level of manual craftsmanship. Why not slow
down a bit and stop trying to digitize your entire life??

What..and have him not learn what the sound of CRUNCH! SPOING!BANGRATTLE
is? Thats the sound of tooling shattering and bounching off the walls.

I already broke 2 endmills in about 3 weeks of machining with this
CNC.

That's where studying the speeds and feeds section of the book will
help. That and testing your code on wax where you can get away with some
errors without breaking endmills.

In one case, it was a feed and speed problem. In the other, I moved
the table with the endmill inside the hole.

Think "Safe Z height" and always end your code with a Z move up to safe
clearance height...

yep,
G53 Z0
M151
M2

M151 sends me email about job completion.