Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bought a USB joypad at a garage sale

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news
http://cgi.ebay.com/CUTTERMASTER-UNI...DMILL-GRINDER-
/310226012593 (Id offer no more than $1000)

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAREX-E-85-ENDMI...-GRINDER-/3304
60740613

http://cgi.ebay.com/KO-LEE-tool-cutt...ll-milling-WOW
-/360254152165

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cincinnati-1-Uni...inder-/3102301
55606

Sigh... Worn, old, no collets, need new stones, none likely to have the
precision they were originally built with.

Y'know... when I go to sharpen an end mill, I want it to be "factory
new", except for the diameter, when it comes out of the machine.

What I don't want to do is spend yet another year re-building another
piece of old junk. I really want to spend my time machining parts.

I've used a Cincy... too much learnin' to do to make an even passable
job. It's WAY too complex for the "casual sharpener".

I've used a Cutter Master... it's about the same functionally as the
Darex, but WAY more expensive for one in the same condition.

The Darex E90 can be had in "almost new" condition for about 1/4 what a
similar-condition Cutter Master can. And despite it's "low end" status in
your book, the Darex offers the same precision and longevity for a lot
less money.

And Gunner... the first two "almost kits" you listed... what's that for?
You can't sharpen _anything_ on them 'til you build the rest of the
machine. It takes a bed. It takes a motor, it takes a cup stone, it...

takes some really long "building up" to get where I'd want to be with a
milling cutter grinder. Some people work, and some people only do
machining in their "spare" time.

LLoyd