Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity costs.

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:58:50 +0100, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:

FWIW, our total electricity bill for May 2009 to May 2010 was £642,
less about £30 for DD discount. The units/cost breakdown between cheap
rate and daytime rate was 2773 units/£151 night rate against 3116
units/£491 day rate. Night energy rate currently (oops, sorry!)
5.45p/unit, and day rate 18.83p/unit for first 1000 units/year then
14.33p/unit thereafter.

Thanks for that. It gives me some sort of guide.

I should have added that our average annual spend on gas over the last
5 years was £965 (but it is LPG from a tank in the garden, so much
more expensive than mains gas), which brings the typical total energy
spend per year to between £1550 and £1600, significantly higher than
this in the last two years because of the cold winters (our house
thermostat is set at 20C). That makes your total electricity spend of
£1060, including heating, look extremely economical!

Over the three previous years, when we had one 3-kW night-store heater
in use, our average annual consumption of cheap rate electricity was
about 5500 units, just about double what it was last year without it.

--

The more I look at it the more certain I am that it is as cheap as it can
be. I have looked at past bills too . The usage has decreased over the last

I did have it on a cap and I put it on another one until next year now but
every time the cap comes off the price rises and its not possible to get
cheaper on any other rate ( you can get some the same - or online
management of bills would save about £30 , they say. But I have seen that
before. I also read in Which? that the claims made by suppliers to reduce
costs don't always come true.
..