Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:08:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:33:04 -0400, wrote:

1) Can I, in good conscience, use traditional "paper joint tape
"through-out my project, or should I be using fiberglass tape at butted
joints and wider joints?

Use fg tape only on flat, vertical, horizontal, butt, or corner joints
and paper on all others.

What, no comment on that little tidbit, Bill? titter

I've decided "Stanley's Complete Drywall" book didn't really help me
very much at all. In retrospect, I probably should have bought a book
on "finishing".

See? I posted a title and you didn't even look at it.
http://fwd4.me/Lvk

Larry, You REALLY DID motivate me to buy a book.
I didn't think I needed a finishing book until after I finished reading
it! ;; ))

Umm, hmm.

I got my $13-worth out of Stanley's book, but I'll bet the book you
suggested was better. Stanley's book was sitting right there at Menards
with the drywall tools... Location, location, location.

Yeah, I know all about instant gratification taking too long, but with
books, ya gotta go with what looks like it'll work for you. I research
books at Amazon, usually reading at least a handful of pages, plus the
index and TOC for each one. Only then do I buy. Most spot purchases
bite me in the butt, as yours just did. Condolences.

Now, as Yogi Berra might say, I'm ready to start but I'm not ready to
start...

Oh, you're just being a Bill.snicker

I got my mud and my bucket and it's 90+ degrees...It will be like a day
at the beach! But it won't be too cool if it's too hot.

I quit working on my back patio roof when my t-shirt got soaked with
sweat this afternoon at 1pm. I'm reroofing it and changing the angle
so the roof slopes lower at the outer end. The idiot who installed it
had it damnear level with the junction to the house roof the lowest
spot. It drained into the gutters on either side of itself.

It was only 85, but the hummerditty was up at 41%, so it was too muggy
for my taste. I prefer 15-26%, max.

I gotta give up on the duck commercials...

I gave up TV 3.5 years ago and have absolutely no idea what you're
talking about. And I never watched baseball, so I dunno 'but Berra,
either.

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!