Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cross-Slide Cross-Slide is offline

Default Is most "handcrafted" stuff actually CNC'ed?

On Aug 16, 1:02*pm, Ignoramus28874 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
28874.invalid wrote:
I am just thinking now, knowing what I know now, and wonder if many
things that are sold as "handcrafted" are actually mass produced,
CNCed etc.

Example

http://ef.algebra.com/e/330459440392

Some "Hand Crafted" junk is made on a contraption with 10 or more
router spindles, and as many spindles to mount the work. All the work
spindles are geared together, maybe with bicycle chains, and the
(operator/carver/artist) carves one object and gets 9 "copies" at the
same time, more or less the same minus the slack in the chains and
linkages. Like a 3D pantograph, with multiple parts made at once.

Technically it is sort of "Hand Crafted"