The Davenports

Default Delta mobile base?

Mobile bases are awfully expensive, but Harbor Freight used to sell one
for
less than $20 that came with a few metal pieces and then required you to

supply
some wood to complete it and customize the size. Unfortunately it doesn't

look
like HF offers this thing any longer. However, I was at a friend's house

and
noticed that he has a bunch of Delta mobile bases that look almost

identical to
the old HF ones. He received them as a gift and didn't know where they

were
purchased. Has anyone else seen these? It sounds like a great way to save

some
money and still get the mobility I need for a couple large power tools in

my
shop.

I have one of these under my band saw...works quite well.

The only thing I'd recommend is to pick up a couple of (what the hell are
they called?) the threaded inserts that hammer in and use them for the
leveling feet instead of the nut on top and under the frame rails. My floors
are VERY much not level and I can pick up an extra 1/4" of adjustment by not
having the screw on the bottom side and it's easier because I have only one
nut to tighten.

It's a pretty pricey fix, tho...I think it cost me all of $1.25 for the two
inserts.

Mike