Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bought a USB joypad at a garage sale

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:47:35 -0500, Ignoramus30661
? wrote:

?Bought a new Saitek P880 joypad at a garage sale ($2).
?
?Looks like this
?
? http://ef.algebra.com/e/220652673897
?
?
?Ordinarily it would not be metalworking related, but I will put it on
?my Bridgeport mill.
?
?This guy here posted his configs using the same Saitek joypad on his mill:
?
?http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?...ds_With_E MC2
?
?I also removed and threw out a lot of unused wiring from the mill, it
?makes the cabinet look a little more user friendly inside. Still some
?left, going from pendant to the cabinet.
?
?i

Trackballs work very very well as a jog controller. Just a heads up....

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate is a programmable
jog. I use one to edit video.