Posted to uk.d-i-y
VAG_dude VAG_dude is offline

Default programmable (?) individual TRV to act as 'zone valve' for oneroom (of 14). Does this exist?

On 16 Aug, 11:38, Rad wrote:
Dear All,
As I write I am putting in a new boiler Remeha Avanta 24V to replace
my old Clyde Combustion. I have 17 rads one of which is going. *Most
of the time when SWMBO is out, I work from home in one room so do not
want the whole house heated. *It is on the first floor and would be a
PITA to put in a zone system which I won't do. I want to avoid having
to turn on and off a TRV, the present system, and wondered if there
was a (?) programmable thermostatic valve that wirelessly turned on
the system for only that radiator. Maybe it would have to have its own
motor? and some how open the CH zone valve? How it would avoid sending
heat to the other rads set to be open is difficult to imagine but
presumably if the motor is only on that rad it will predominantly
circulate to it bypassing the others mostly? Can't see this myself but
have been told that such a system exists and am relying on collective
wisdom to tell me if this is wrong as I think of if some wizard has
thought up a way to do this.
Chris

Have you had a look at Honeywell Hometronic?

http://www.hwch.co.uk/plumbing.html