Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bought a USB joypad at a garage sale

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:47:58 -0500, Ignoramus7071

On 2010-08-16, Gunner Asch wrote:
wrote:
As a second thought, I replaced spindle on and off on the joystick,
with flood on and off. Could be useful to adjust the nozzle, and worst
case, I or someone else gets sprayed a little bit.

Thats a pretty good idea.
And you can use it to wash down the parts and area.

Yep. I used the mill quite a bit today, learning how to write text
with it. I used Chris Radek's Truetype Tracer, and it works great, any
message in any TrueType font can be written beautifully with a pointy
endmill. This also includes filling in the letters.

Having the joystick to position the mill, and to pause/resume the
interpreter, was really indispensable. I am not even sure if I should
bother with the original jog controls. This joystick seems to be more
ergonomic. With the thumb control, I can move fast or slow.

If you are going to do much text..pick up some of the Gorton Pantograph
cutters from Ebay.

Btw....for anyone who needs one..this is a SMOKING deal....

http://cgi.ebay.com/GORTON-ENGRAVING...-/130421436675

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9