Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A joyous occasion

Got a backup in the desk drawer yet? - getting used to all of the neat
controls.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 8/15/2010 12:49 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:45:38 -0500, Ignoramus30661
wrote:

snip

This is really, really tremendous and amazing what I get for $2 on a
nice Saturday of August. Just $2 and three hours of typing stuff and I
have a nice milling control pad. These devices cost about $10
everywhere else, which is negligible for the value that they bring.

ALL HAIL EMC2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

=========
You seem to be making good progress. Nice find on the
trackball.

Some quick questions for both you and the group -- have you
used the blackplot/simulator function in EMC2 yet? Will this
run "stand alone, i.e. no machine/controller card/hardware
attached? By any chance have you tried the
http://www.cncsimulator.com/ simulator? Any feeling how
these compare? When I retired I lost my access to a cnc
machine, but still get the urge to program from time to
time, and simulators are the next best thing. I currently
use cncsimulator and for a free program this works well.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).